I already set up and configured my SharePoint 2013 virtual machine (running on Windows Server 2012) on my Windows 8 laptop. I got a domain controller, named corp.com set up in the virtual machine. So the next step for me is to set up a new virtual machine to run the Office Web Apps 2013. Below are the steps that I performed (for HTTP connection to Office Web Apps Server):
- Create a new virtual machine, including a new virtual hard disk using the Hyper-V Manager.
- Create Internal Network Virtual Switch on the Hyper-V Manager and configure the new virtual machine to use it so that the new virtual machine can talk with my existing SharePoint 2013 virtual machine. Similarly I need to configure my SharePoint 2013 virtual machine to use this Internal Network Virtual Switch as well.
- Install Windows Server 2012 and configure its Network Settings (IPv4) to be in the same network segment as my SharePoint 2013 virtual machine.
- Rename my new virtual machine's computer name to "owa" and join it to the "corp.com" domain.
- Open the Windows PowerShell prompt as an administrator and run the following commands to install the required roles and services. Restart the virtual machine once completed: